11/5/14

This is Halloween!

I love Halloween! I always look forward to figuring out crazy costumes for my kids. The morning of Halloween, the kids ate ghost pancakes and headed to school. I showed up for the parade and parties a little later. They loved being able to dress up. In Logan, costumes weren't allowed in school.


Millie was the official "wand holder" during all of Andrew's games. All his classmates fawn over her every week and fight over who gets to sit by her when I volunteer. Andrew won this time.


After school, the kids got ready for trick or treating. Olivia chose to be a bat this year. Thank heaven that was an easy costume to make. I love that she always chooses interesting things to be. She has never wanted to be the typical Princess or witch. She has gone as a ladybug, an elephant, a bunch of grapes, a lion, and a raccoon.


Andrew chose to be Harry Potter. We borrowed a cape from a neighbor and I bought the wand and glasses at a Halloween store. Easy peasy. He lost the wand about 15 minutes into trick or treating, which was a big disappointment. He always takes his costumes so seriously.


Millie was a cupcake this year, which took a little more time than the other two to make, but was well worth it. I wanted to eat her, she was so adorable! She ran from house to house saying, "Happy trick or treating!" She was having the time of her life. It was the cutest thing.




We had dinner in a pumpkin that night, which thrilled the kids. I love that they are so easily impressed by everything I do. Haha.

Ben came home and dressed up like a creepy ax man, despite my pleas that he choose something a little more family friendly. I think his days of working in the haunted corn maze were coming back to him. He had all sorts of plans to scare the life out of unsuspecting children. Fortunately, we only had a few trick or treaters and I got to the door first. Our kids absolutely loved his costume though. Check out Millie's giant smile in this picture.

After about an hour and a half of trick or treating, Millie suddenly lost steam and started stripping her costume off and saying, "I want to go home." The other two could have gone all night, but we headed to a neighbor's for a little Halloween get together and played games and visited until 10pm. They all slept well that night!


0 comments: