4/24/15

February and March

 Wow, I'm so behind here. I try to keep this up mostly for our own personal history, so I know what we do with our days. But other things have taken over, so I'm just getting time to catch up. For Valentine's Day, my mom came out to visit. We had heart pancakes with milk that came from cows that were cursed pink by the "witch of Blackwood Pond." That was Ben's story anyway.


 The kids made loads of little Valentines. This was for me from Millie. A couple days later she ate all the candy on it for me.


We've spent lots of time outside in the warmer weather, then back inside when it randomly snows. Mother nature is bi-polar. 

 My grandparents came to visit and taught Andrew how to play cards.

My grandpa just had to build a train track all around the house with the kids. 


At the end of February, we had the Blue and Gold Banquet. I was in charge of the table decorations. It turned out pretty cute if you ask me.


Andrew and one of his BFFs Ariah. 

My cousin got married Feb. 28 in the Draper Temple. It was a great ceremony and reception. They decorated the gym so well that you couldn't recognize it. They had chicken salad sandwiches and homemade sodas. My kids danced until way past bedtime and had the time of their lives.

The first week of March we went to the Teddy Bear Clinic at the hospital. The girls took their stuffed animals that needed mending and got stitches, xrays, a cast, and shots. It was a super cute tradition. 

That same day was the Pinewood Derby. Andrew and Ben had worked on a derby car for about a week and broke two of them. The second one broke the night before the derby. So that morning, Ben and I had to take over and race to get his car done in time. It turned out pretty well. He got second place for the wolves and won one of his races, got second a bunch of times. He loved it. 

I didn't take any pictures on St. Patrick's Day except this one of Millie's shamrock hair. I usually plan a big scavenger hunt for the kids, but I was sick this year and didn't get around to it. The kids were super disappointed. Despite the fact that we still had green pancakes and green pasta with dinner, it just wasn't as exciting as a scavenger hunt. Better luck next year. 

At the end of the month, we had a visit from our good friends, the Aumans. Millie and Ollie play so well together, which is funny considering how different their personalities are. Ollie is a quiet sweetheart, Millie is a bit of a firecracker. But she now says that Ollie is her boyfriend, so they must have clicked. Cuties. 
That pretty much catches me up until April. Yay! I took more pictures for Easter and other activities so my blog posts will hopefully get better soon.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks for the update. I miss you all so much!!