10/20/08

Our trip to "God's Country"

We just got back from our trip to Yellowstone to celebrate our anniversary. It was quite depressing coming back to life. We had such a good time staying in our friend's brother's cabin. Haha. Yeah we have connections... or maybe just our friends have connections.

Either way, we spent three days up in Yellowstone, saw lots of buffalo and elk (I think the elk depressed Ben a little) and pretty scenery, including the famous Old Faithful. We also got to go see a movie at the imax theater for free... more connections. :)

On the way home, we stopped in Idaho Falls so Olivia could meet her great great grandmother! I feel so lucky to have five generations still alive and well! My great grandmother is one of the greatest women I know.

Anyway- It was fun to go spend a worry-free weekend with Ben. It hardly seems real to me that we have only been married three years and have two kids. If you want to get technical though, Ben and I have been attached at the hip for SIX years. Six years and he is still my absolute favorite person to be around. I say that's pretty good. I love you Ben! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Happy Anniversary on Thursday!

julie said...

yellowstone is beautiful, everyone should go there at least once. It looks like you guys had a super time. Congrats on the 3 years. I didn't remember that you and Dayna got married at the same time, but now I do. That is awesome.

Trent and Melanie said...

Wow it looks like you guys had fun! Trent and I were talking about taking a trip. It would be nice to go somewhere relatively close, but far enough away to not have to deal with others. I've never been to yellowstone and i am pretty sure that Trent hasn't either. Maybe we'll go since we need a break. lol! Happy Anniversary tomorrow!!!

Aimee said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Happy Anniversary.