12/28/10

Christmas 2010

Get ready for picture OVERLOAD! I wanted to document everything we did this Christmas so you will all just have to grin and bear it... :) This year we had all the odds against us for spending Christmas with family... The weather, pregnancy, and then Ben got horribly sick with a chest cold, ear infection, AND pink eye the week before Christmas. It was lovely. But after he was mostly feeling better, we headed to Duchesne to stay with Ben's family.

Andrew and I made this super cut gingerbread train on Christmas Eve. I had hoped to start making this a Christmas tradition but after all the hassle and mess, I am re-thinking that idea.

Santa Claus was so kind to make a house call Christmas Eve as well. My kids were thrilled!

We had a nice dinner and read through the nativity story together.

Then my kids wrote letters to give to Santa. Andrew drew the cutest picture of a man with a fluffy beard.

Here they are in their new Christmas pajamas.

Andrew and Olivia loved their play kitchen and aprons! Yay!

Ben also made Olivia this adorable doll crib and he made Andrew a pair of marshmallow guns.

I finally finished this vest for Ben for Christmas! It looks great with the plain blue t-shirt underneath, huh? :)
After we got ready and dressed, we headed up town to see my family.

Opa read Livy some princess books. It was soo entertaining to hear a big gruff voice say things like, "and she knew she was falling in love..." :)

Andrew was thrilled to play with his new marble works... but not quite as thrilled as Ben. I got a new camera lens for Christmas. Yippee! I then spent the next two days practicing.

My grandma's beautiful ornaments. These were my favorite as a kid.

Andrew's marbleworks.
I stood out in the cold for a good ten minutes trying to capture the droplets from these icicles!

Later in the week, we played my cousin's new Kinect for Xbox. Here is Andrew punching out Chad.
Jen and Chad racing...

Andrew racing...
And last but certainly not least, I convinced Ben to try the dance central. Hahahaha. Definitely a highlight of the weekend. I wasn't going to post this picture but since he so kindly allowed my mother to video record my dance... paybacks!

I hope you all had an equally great Christmas. I am now eager to get started with 2011 and have our new baby!! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

The pics you took with your new lense are beautiful. The whole blog was fun to read, except the one pic of me pulling a stupid face was not good to see. I guess that is my payback for recording you. LOL

Sarah said...

Love Christmas! You are getting very good at your photography! I'm glad you guys had such a great christmas. I'm getting excited for you, January is almost here!!