11/8/11

Family Pictures

 I try to get family pictures done every year. I also try to get pictures done of each kid on their birthday. I have to say that the more children we add to our family, the more I LOATHE family pictures. What a nightmare trying to get all three kids dressed nicely. Then trying to get them to sit, smile, or actually look at the camera is a real treat as well. I had my mother take a few of our family while she was out a few weeks ago... after looking through them I began to wonder if it was possible for all five of us to look normal in the same picture or not... in particular Andrew! See the following three pictures for reference.




We did manage to get a few good ones though so not all was lost at this photo shoot...


But after failing to get one decent one of the front of our bodies, I got desperate and went to Kiddie Kandids with a coupon. Five minutes before the appointment, we were all still at home, scrambling around the house. I was yelling at everyone and throwing random pieces of clothing into the van... (just in case one of my children pooped, spit up, projectile vomited, who knows... all over themselves) It wasn't pretty.

We managed to get a decent family picture which is more than I could ask for, but I didn't like the individual ones of my kids so I randomly stopped on the side of the road, pulled out my camera and made a complete fool of myself trying to elicit real smiles from Andrew and Livy. Andrew's response to my antics... "Mom, you're freaking me out." Hey if it gets a smile, I've done my job!



What I learned from this experience? The more I plan, the worse it gets. Spontaneity is key to pictures with my kids! I like the real moments better anyway. I think if I pull out my camera one more time on them though, they'll go running.

4 comments:

Tyson and Chelsea said...

Wow those bottom pictures of your kids look so cute! you are amazing. And I love your hair by the way. I really miss you!

Jamie said...

LOL..such a funny post and the pics I took are priceless. Andrew really is pulling some pretty funny faces. There goes my career in family photography. LOL

Christy said...

I think you should stick to the photograpy. The pics of the kids are adorable. And my boys are the same. If i mention family photos' one more time, they might just have me taken out. Love to shoot the girls though, because they love it!

Trent and Melanie said...

It must be a boy thing to pull funny faces in pictures. Oh well... they are cute pictures and an event to remember.