1/11/12

Resolutions...

Yay for 2012! I love the start of a new year. For me, 2011 will forever be the year of Amelia. I looked at my goals from last year and I didn't accomplish any of them aside from Ben graduating and surviving three children. Ha, I survived! It's a miracle! I would like to do a little more than survive in 2012 though so here are a few of my goals...

1: Take 12 credit hours... no not in one semester, I mean the whole year! That may seem like easy peasy but I haven't managed to take more than one class a semester since Amelia was born. I gotta get brave one of these semesters this year though if I'm to accomplish that goal.

2: Have someone over for dinner once a month... with Ben's crazy schedule of always being gone, I have turned into somewhat of a recluse. It's lame and I'm lonely a great deal of the time so I'm coming out of my shell!

3: Attend the temple EVERY month... I'm ashamed to admit that I wasn't as dedicated in this department last year. Especially living in Duchesne... phew kudos to everyone that drives so far to go each month! I have no excuse.

4: Exercise regularly and run a 5K. I was going to really go out on a whim and say run a 1/2 marathon, which is what I would ultimately want to do, BUT baby steps. I also need to get in shape because another one of my goals is to go hiking in the Uintahs with Ben this summer.

5: Post at least once a month on my crafty blog... yeah remember that project I started? I've been slacking big time.

6: Pay off our van and over half of our student loans.

7: Read my scriptures every day and have FHE every week. This one will be a challenge because I'll have to do FHE without Ben but I'm determined!

8: Give each of the kids 15 minutes one-on-one time every day. It may seem easy but this can really be hard when they all want my attention at the same time, which is usually how it is. 

Well there are a few of my resolutions for 2012. I'm really excited for this year, I think it's going to be a good one! Did anyone else make resolutions? If so, what are they?

1 comments:

Magen said...

Sounds like great resolutions! I should probably work on all the same things (except the school, there is no way I am starting that right now)... Hope you have a wonderful year, I wish you were closer so we could get together for dinner.... Love ya!