Well my baby turned ONE... how is it possible that in just one year she could go from this...
To this... I love her cheesy smiles.
We celebrated by taking her out for her first bite of fish egg sushi! Just kidding, she ate rice. :)
A lot of our family braved the snowy roads to be there for her birthday party the next day. We celebrated at Casper's Malt Shoppe in Providence. My sister and I made Millie's yummy applesauce cake and the cupcakes for everyone else.
She got spoiled with loads of fun toys, shoes, a hat, and a headband. She would look at the cards for about two seconds and then drop them on the ground. Her brother and sister were happy to commandeer anything she didn't hold onto for dear life.
Then it was time for cake! I had been waiting for this moment for months! Andrew and Livy weren't big cake eaters for their birthday, but Millie LOVES to eat so I was hoping she would dig in. At first she was a little shy.
I helped her out a bit.
Then she went crazy. Her foot seemed to have a mind of its own. It would hover around the cake while she ate. Too funny!
My grandma and great grandma.
No birthday is complete without a little ice cream.
This is what her cake looked like in the end. It was so fun to watch her go crazy for it. Thank goodness I made a "healthy" cake despite my sister's teasing! She almost ate the whole thing!
I feel so blessed to have Amelia. She's such a comfort to me, always happy and smiling. She definitely knows how to brighten a room and I love her personality. I'm sad to have her already be entering the toddler years! I love the baby stage, especially with an easy-going baby. I'm sure I'll love the toddler times just as much though. We love you Millie! Happy Birthday!



5 comments:
Yay for January Babies. I can't believe she's one already. That means we've been away from Cache Valley for nearly a year. :( We sure miss having you guys across the street.
Yea for birthdays! I can't believe she's a year already ... crazy. I saw her in church yesterday and had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe how big she was!
We just celebrated Koen's 4th birthday! I can't believe how fast they grow... millie is adorable. Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday to cute little Millie! It's amazing how time flies. Her cake was adorable, too. Great job, Mama!
Okay okay... I did tease you about the cake, but it was yummy and she loved it! And the decorations you made were soooo cute!
Post a Comment