11/10/12

Half Marathon!!!

I ran a half marathon!! Oh yea! It's been a lifelong goal of mine to run a half marathon but I didn't think it would be possible for awhile. After we ran our first 5k in May this year, Ben and I caught the running bug and went crazy. I found a great running buddy and we started following a half marathon schedule. Five months later and we conquered our goal! I wanted to die at times but pushed along and finished in 2:28. Ben finished in 1:58 and my cousin CJ, who had only ran 5 miles straight before this, finished in 2:10.

 Ben at Mile 11.

 CJ at Mile 11.

 Corrye and I at Mile 11 with our cheering squad ahead of us.


 CJ did some major showing off by rough housing with the kids afterwards. The rest of us could barely walk... We munched on goodies and admired our medals...






Our cheerleaders.... 




After the race, Ben and I went to stay at The Inn on The Hill in SLC. It was our 7th year anniversary so it was awesome to get away for awhile. We even got a free upgrade to a room with a balcony and an amazing view. It was perfect.

Ice packs were my best friend.



1 comments:

Tyson and Chelsea said...

wow! you are amazing!!! And you look so good! Congrats on finishing, I think I would have passed out at mile 2 ;)