11/7/12

Conference Weekend

 I have a TON of catching up to do... So it begins... Last month was conference weekend and I tried lots of things to make it fun for the kids this year.

 First we had ticket jars. Whenever they heard certain words, they could put a ticket in the jar. At the end of each session, they got to use their tickets to buy something from my store. The store had lots of dollar store toys and treats. They went crazy over this! Definitely doing that again.

 On Sunday, we made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They were super easy and really yummy. I followed THIS recipe if anyone is interested.

 We also made a tent to re-enact King Benjamin's time. The kids loved that as well.

All in all, this weekend was a success! Kids were happy and Ben and I got to listen to all the sessions. It was awesome. My favorite talks were President Uchtdorf's talk and Elder Holland's talk. They've always been my favorite speakers but I especially loved their messages this session.

0 comments: