7/7/14

5th of July and EVE 6!

This post will round out our crazy weekend adventures. The day after the fourth, we went to the Idaho Falls farmer's market. They have way more booths than Pocatello! We got some fresh produce and my sister bought a bunch of goat milk soap and was kind enough to share a bar... which is heavenly. I kind of have an obsession with handmade soaps. A few years ago when Ben and I made soap, I read three books on it and was even dreaming of soap. You can tell how exciting of a person I am when I'm dreaming about soap right?




This girl pulled this stance out of nowhere when I said, "Pose for me!" It scares me a little, haha.



To prove that we really are exciting people, Ben and I went to an Eve 6 concert in Pocatello later that night. They were one of my favorite bands in high school. Ben and I used to go to concerts all the time, but Eve 6 never came to Utah and I never got to see them. When I heard they were coming to Pocatello and tickets were only 10$, I knew we had to go. It's been ten years and I still know the words to almost every song they sang.
 


Afterwards, we got to meet the band. They were all really nice. I refrained from telling them that ten years ago I had their faces plastered on my bedroom walls and was their biggest fan in Duchesne, Utah. Haha. Although I'm sure they would have loved to know that.


Fun times. A good little walk down memory lane.

For old time's sake, here's a photo of Ben and I at a Zwan concert in 2003. My how times have changed. I miss those carefree days a little... mostly because I could definitely rock the braids back then.


I tried to upload the video I had of Eve 6 singing "Here's to the night," which was our junior prom theme and their most famous song, but my crazy computer won't do it. Sadness. I loved hearing that song. But here's a video of Max Collins singing his own rendition of "All that she wants." Not even an Eve 6 song, but whatever. It's still cool. Don't mind the crazy bald guy that got in my way. :)



1 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

I remember the wall of Eve 6 and Smashing Pumpkins! Glad to know you had great taste in music LOL! I am so jealous you got to meet them!!!