Andrew turned 8 last Thursday! The day was pretty low-key. He really wanted to go to "the place with the yellow star" aka Carl's Jr. for his birthday, so we went there for lunch. He got to order a real burger... not off the kid menu. That made him feel pretty special and he loved it. I let him play the computer a little longer than usual, which he thought was awesome. Later that day, my neighbors and my grandparents came by to have cake and open presents. He got snap circuits, a bow and arrow, clothes, rollerblades, and the Lego movie. He really wanted a Lego cake this year so I did my best. He absolutely loved it and said it was the best cake he's ever had. :)
Since Andrew turned 8, I decided to write 8 reasons I love him.
1: He is a joker. He has always had a great sense of humor from the time he was a baby. He was always laughing at something and still is. He loves to tease people... in a nice way.
2: He loves people. He loves to talk to people and meet new people and be friends with everyone. I haven't known anyone Andrew didn't love. He's happiest when surrounded by people.
3: He has a big heart. This goes along with him loving people, but he has a big giving heart. He likes to make people happy. He doesn't like to compete or fight or bully people. He still cries when he gets his feelings hurt. He's always so grateful for things he gets.
4: He is daring. Case in point, he rode slides at the water park last week that I would NEVER do. And we didn't have to talk him into it. He always wants to bear his testimony in church or give Book of Mormons to random neighbors.
5: He's a momma's boy. He's not happy when I'm not happy and he tries so hard to cheer me up. He's done this since he was 18 months old and he gave me his precious blanket one day when I was crying. He always knows just what to say to me to make me feel better, whether it's a joke or just a hug. He won't tell me when he doesn't like something I've cooked because he knows it might hurt my feelings.
6: He's smart. He was at the top of his class both years in school. He just picks stuff up quick. Unfortunately, this means he gets bored in school sometimes and that spells trouble. :)
And the last two are from Olivia and Millie
Olivia: #7: He's handsome.
Millie: #8: He plays with me sometimes.
I made this cute video for him for his birthday. Happy Birthday Buddy! We love you.








2 comments:
I really love the video. It made me both laugh and cry. I can't believe he is growing up so fast.
This was the sweetest blog! I remember the day he was born and I can't believe he is already 8!! He is growing up so fast. The video was awesome!!!
Post a Comment