1/2/15

December Happenings

I'm throwing all of our happenings from December into one post because I'm too lazy to do several different ones. But we had a busy month, so it's picture overload.

The first week of December, we went to Rockland, Idaho... a tiny little town about 45 minutes away from Pocatello. Two of Ben's co-workers live there and invited us to go Christmas tree hunting. It was a ton of fun. Ben and I both fell in love with Rockland. I miss living in a small town and having miles of empty land all around me.




Christmas tree hunting wore this girl out... 

We got home and decorated our tree. Millie couldn't wait to put presents under it, so she put all her toys there. 

I help out in Andrew and Olivia's classrooms every week and one day while walking through the hall, I found this letter from Andrew. It melted my heart! 

Our ward had a pajama party with waffles, sausage, and hashbrowns. Santa came to visit afterwards. Andrew recognized Santa as a man from our ward. Sad day when your child starts to realize Santa might not be real! :( I've convinced him that Santa just has helpers because he can't be everywhere at once.

Olivia drew pictures for everyone in the family all month and put them in this special box under the tree.  


We got a visit from our favorite Santa.

We went on a drive around Chubbuck and found these awesome lights.


A couple days before Christmas, the kids and I made gingerbread houses.





Here's a picture of our wild tree in all it's glory. All my ornaments are mismatched, homemade, or second hand. It's just the way I like it.

The kids made these melted snowmen ornaments this year.

Ben's favorite spot in the house...

I love that I have a mantle to hang our stockings from this year!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love my Christmas tree with all it's ornaments from Christmas past, especially all the ornaments you and Melanie made in Elementary School. I probably will never have it any other way.

Trent and Melanie said...

I loved this post! I loved your tree and Millie's reaction to the "no candy" rule. HAHAHA! What a fun December you guys had.