4/7/09

Here Goes Nothing...

I don't really have any ideas for blogging today but I am sick of seeing those sticky buns when I go to my page... so... here goes nothing.

Today is beautiful outside! I am so excited. We went and picked Ben up after my institute class and ate at first dam here in Logan. Andrew loved playing with the ducks and stole bread from some people... I know what next family home evening lesson will be on!

Conference weekend was wonderful, even though I was having an interesting experience that I really just don't feel like blogging about. Haha. My absolute favorite talk was by Elder Holland. He talked about Jesus and the atonement and being alone and it was perfect for Easter. I also loved Dallin H. Oaks talk on service and all of the talks by the First Presidency. Elder Hale's talk on being frugal was very good also. I need to go back online and listen to it again. I just love conference. Last year Ben and I got the opportunity to go to the conference center to listen to a session. It was an amazing experience. I didn't want it to end! Which is so funny to me because just a few short years ago I dreaded conference. Now I can hardly understand how someone can listen to conference and not believe the church is true.

I hope the weather lasts! We are going to visit family for Easter weekend and go to the temple with Ben's little brother. I am really excited for that. So next time I blog I will have lots of things to say. Until then, Happy Easter!

PS- Just an update- My grandma just finished her chemotherapy and her tumor is gone! She had surgery yesterday and all went well. The results won't be available for a little bit though. I am so grateful that she has done so well during this whole thing. I am sad to report however that my grandpa just got diagnosed with diabetes. Those two are quite the pair! Ugh they make me so stressed. I joked with my grandpa that he will now be forced to eat the way I have been telling him to for years! I will have to make a new list of bad and good foods to put on his fridge, I think he took the last one down. Haha. I love you grandpa!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Megan, you are such a cute person and I love reading things like this because they give a little insight to YOU. I'm glad to hear about your Grandma. It's a relief! Anyway, thanks for sharing...

Mary said...

Those were my three favorite talks too! Elder Holland's was AMAZING.