5/18/09

Yum!


So I tried a new recipe for Sunday dinner and it was so good that Lindsey thought I should post it on my blog... It is Bowtie Asparagus Pasta. It was so amazing that I ate way too much and actually got sick, so there is your warning. Don't eat too much. I found this on a recipe blog but I changed a few little things so here it is...

1/2 pkg. bow tie pasta (it called for a whole package... no way)
1/4 C. butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese (depending on how you like it)
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 pint heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste
8-10 spears asparagus, blanched and cut into one inch pieces
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 c. toasted pinenuts (didn't add this but I bet it would be good)
1 Tbsp. corn starch
Parmesan cheese, to taste

Boil bow tie pasta in salted water until done.
In skillet melt butter. Add garlic and saute a minute or so.
Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cubes. When the bouillon cubes are dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream and salt & pepper. Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately. My sauce never got really thick so at the end I put in the cornstarch and let it bubble for a few minutes and then let it sit. It eventually thickens.

1 comments:

Magen said...

Sounds GREAT! I'm going to have to give it a try!