5/28/09

The Mystery...

Anyone want to solve this mystery for me?? The past several months I have been seeing "tracks" all over in my yard. Finally today I caught of glimpse of the nasty little thing that is causing it! This picture was taken from inside while I was holding Olivia and I barely got him but if you look closely in the right corner, there he is! I went outside to see if I could get a better look but he ran towards me and I ran inside. I am not usually afraid of mice or mice-type creatures but he got me on the element of surprise and yeah... it was a little frightening. I think he is a vole? Why is he burrowing in my nice new grass??! and How do I get rid of him!? Isn't there a nice way to make him leave me alone? I feel bad killing him. Anyone got some ideas?


My poor grass.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Good luck! Sorry I'm not more help. We had a rat living in our house once and caught it on a glue trap. I'll have to tell you that story some time. It may or may not have involved a 1:00AM burial in our front yard in nothing but our garments....

Aimee said...

Yep it is a vole. Just kill it. My parents and a friend in Wellsville and a whole bunch of other people I've heard of have had horrible problems with them this year. My mom's neighbor said some chewed through her window screens. Kill it. We can't have them over populating us. Better yet - just make Ben kill it. Happy vole hunting.

Trent and Melanie said...

Okay one... that is sick! And two, Anne B's story sounds hilarious!! And I would LOVE to hear that one. But I am with your friend Aimee... KILL IT! get out a trap and get rid of it before it infests your yard and then your house... EWWW