5/1/09

Trying to get out of my rut...

Well it's been two and a half weeks since the first sign of our sickness and things are looking up. FINALLY! I still can't hear out of one ear due to a lovely ear infection and my nose is stuffy, but I can actually function and that is a serious plus! It feels like my whole month has just flown right by because we have been cooped up inside. No baking this month, no interesting stories... We are now trying to get out of our sick rut. Andrew was SERIOUSLY spoiled after being sick. I would let him watch movies while he was just laying around and last week when he felt better, he would come up to me and say, "Momma, I'm sick. Watch movie please?" So we are on a "movie detox" and he can't watch anymore for awhile. He is slowly getting better. But he still won't smile for my camera... I am working on a new schedule with him. He is almost at the age to do preschool but I think he is a little young and they are expensive... so... we are doing our own little preschool. I am making up lessons out of the book "Teaching Children Joy," basically the book behind the popular Joy Schools. So each week we work on a different "joy" and each day has different activities, such as: I do an FHE lesson relating to it out of the nursery manual on monday, we go to story time at the library on tuesday, we play with friends on wednesday, we go check out books on thursday, and friday I make up a little lesson with activities. So far it has been pretty fun for him. Yesterday we checked out books relating to the lesson and he had fun reading them to Olivia this morning. So cute! I hope this little preschool will help me stay organized and have things for him to do. Maybe if I find more parents that are interested, I will start doing a real joy school. I really like the idea of the joy schools rather than a pre-kindergarten thing for someone his age. Anyway- I am rambling...

Olivia has grown SO much. She learns new things everyday. She is so sweet. She now walks along the furniture and gets up and down without falling... most of the time. She just started clapping and she smacks her lips when she eats. She blows raspberries when I talk to her and tries to talk back saying, "dadada" Haha. We play this little game when she picks up a toy while I am holding her I say, "Don't drop it..." Then she gets a big grin, swings it around and throws it on the ground laughing. She has such a sense of humor. I could talk about her all day. Haha.It's the end of school today, Ben just got home and we are going to go celebrate or something! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

and now because you guys are FINALLY feeling better you can do something fun instead of sitting at home and doing something totally boring to celebrate!!! YAYA!!! Maybe that's a trait you got from Gram because she used to ALWAYS bring movies for me to watch when I was sick, so it's so her fault! lol Can't wait to see you guys again!!!

Mary said...

You are such an incredible mom! Oh my word. My poor little Hannah is pretty much the only four year old around here that is NOT in preschool... and I haven't been doing too well on my "do it at home" quest. But I love the Eyre's, and this Joy thing sounds awesome! I'll be looking into it!