5/18/09

Zoo Day

We actually did something outside! We have been sick so much that it's been hard to enjoy this weather but FINALLY it's summer for us. We went to Hogle Zoo this weekend with some of my family. Andrew had the time of his life running around outside the whole day and being with family. Here are some of the highlights...
Posing with the giraffe.


Andrew kept calling this Zebra "Mad. as. gas. car." He thought it was a character from one of his favorite movies!
Me and Livy with our big hats. She did surprisingly well for such a long day.
This was one of my favorite animals. I don't even know what it was actually but it's so cute up there taking a nap. I wanted to trade places for a day.

We went to the bird show and Andrew had fun feeding the birds tips.


Olivia got to go for a ride in my grandpa's wheelchair. Wahoo! She hated it. Andrew enjoyed riding around on it though.

Dippin' Dots, yummy.

SOMEBODY... gave Andrew icecream when I actually told them only a snowcone. hmm.

Melanie took a break from snapping hideous candid photos of us to ride the carousel. Ben rode a turtle that was actually smaller than him. Haha.

Andrew's favorite thing of the day was probably the train!


The kids were exhausted after such a long day. Notice Andrew's new toy. He won't go anywhere without it. He woke up mid-nap long enough to say "Tiger" and right back to sleep he went.

3 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

The thing in the tree is a red panda and I loved it too! I got a pic last year of it and just thought it was the cutest animal. And atleast it fell asleep and you could still see it's face. Unlike 1/2 of the other animals that we wanted to see. And I LOVE the pic of us on the carousel! I am guessing that you really like the candid pics of you on facebook... HAHA!! You know I love ya! I will take them off if you can say three little words to me... You and Olivia have the cutest hats of the day by far! Thanks for the fun time! I think we still need to do it again next year.

Kara said...

LOVE the pics! I love big hats (we have our own!) and I love the dip'n'dots picture because it shows how fun you are. Aren't family outings THE BEST???

Me said...

Trips like that are so fun! I love the zoo, it's fun, fairly cheap, and you can call it learning!!!