This is belated, but we had a good fourth of July! We went to Duchesne last tuesday and Ben went camping up in the Uintahs with his brother Grant. They hiked 8 miles in and camped and fished until friday night. I was so happy to have Ben home. It was only 3 days, but I was starting to go crazy without him.Grant got horrible blisters after only a mile! Poor guy!
This was the lake they camped near. They caught about 20 fish between the two of them! I was so jealous. I really like to fish if I have a good chance of catching something.
Here is their little camp sight.
While they were gone, Andrew, Olivia, and I played with fireworks, went swimming at the pool, and hung out with family. Me and Jennifer stayed up till 5 am one of the nights just gabbing! That is not something I want to repeat any time soon! We were both so grumpy and tired the next day.
On the fourth, we went to the annual breakfast in Duchesne and then went up to the lake with my family. I rode the "molecule" for the first time and almost peed my pants, but it was fun. It would have been funner had the water not been so COLD!
On Sunday we had a big luncheon in my grandma's backyard. Can I just say, I love her backyard. I forget how much I love it till I go there in the summer. It's huge and has tons of big trees. It's so pretty.Olivia was not pleased to hear that we had to go home... neither was I. I love going to visit family in Duchesne, especially in the summer!
7/8/09
Happy 4th of July!
Posted by Megan at 3:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Looks like fun! I remember going skiing with your grandparents when my mom worked for Steer Tank Lines. These pictures reminded me of that. Good times! By the way, to answer your question, our cabin is in southern Colorado, in a place called Creede. It is amazingly beautiful there. We can't wait until it's done.
Post a Comment