7/7/09

Never been happier for NAP TIME!

Disclaimer: Don't mind the bad English and lack of punctuation, I was in a hurry.

Today has been one hectic day and I haven't even left the house! Haha. I pulled the pool out for Andrew today so he would have something to do. I left him alone for a few minutes and came back to find the entire pool filled with rocks from our yard. So much for the clear crystal water. I sat out there with him for awhile and then it was time to come inside, it was way too hot outside for me! Well he was drenched so I just stripped him down completely and figured, what the heck, I will let him run around the house naked for a bit. I went in the backroom to type down Sean's address as my mother-in-law gave it to me over the phone and it then became very quiet in the house. I walk into the living room and see that the front door is opened and Andrew is running down the sidewalk butt naked, except for some sneakers. I quickly grab him and put clothes on him and go back to finish checking my email. (I should no better by now to only do that at nap time) I come back into the kitchen and Andrew is under the table feeding Olivia leftover baby food that he got out of the fridge. Her face and the floor are covered in "turkey rice dinner"... She seemed to be really enjoying herself actually and Andrew was laughing his head off. I grab Olivia, put her in the bath tub (no water added, yet), and start cleaning up the floor as Andrew comes walking in the kitchen carrying scissors and Olivia's binky, which he is trying to cut, apparently he thinks she should have to cut up her binkies too. I grab the scissors, save the binky and try to finish cleaning when I hear the bath water come on and Olivia start screaming... at this point I am thinking... You have got to be kidding me! As I ran to the bathroom I was contemplating duct-taping Andrew to the sofa. I turn the water a few degrees above the freezing temperature Andrew had going and proceed to finish undressing Olivia, give her a bath, and put her and Andrew down for a nap. Andrew slept on the couch today because Olivia wouldn't stop pestering him in his room. Phew... me time. Well they are awake again and Andrew wants cereal. He is now eating a few pieces and then giving some to Olivia. He says, "Look, Andrew share with Wivia." He laughs his head off when she bites his finger instead of the cereal. Then he tells me, "Wivia is best friend." How sweet.


She was NOT happy when I tried to get a picture of them together.
So angry that she took it out on Andrew and tried to bite him. This is a daily thing in our house. He just laughs at her most of the time, check out the smile.

So sweet when they are asleep!

4 comments:

julie said...

LOL...I laughed so hard when I read your post!!! I remember those days...Nap time is the best! Too bad they grow out of it until they are like 15 and you WANT them to stay up and do things...then they just want to sleep!...can't win can we?! Good luck, I'm thinking about you.

Trent and Melanie said...

Wow... I thought I had a rough day! lol... I'm sure it's nice that Andrew is TRYING to help, but he really isn't. Maybe one day it will be helpful. LOL!!! I laughed and then had to share the post with a friend because it was hilarious!!! Good luck today! i hope your day is a little calmer.

Magen said...

I'm glad you are having a day like mine....It seems like every time I turn my back Koen is doing something REALLY messy.... Hope that rest of your day goes better...

Keri said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! I love it!!! Not that I wish things like that on you but when I hear things like that it brings me comfort!!! And lots of laughs!!!! It is a good thing they sleep at some point!