Well this is belated but we went camping a couple weeks ago. It was our first little camping trip with Olivia. We drove around for nearly 2 hours looking for a spot to camp and finally found a spot right by a stream that wasn't actually for camping but it had a firepit so it worked. Andrew had a ton of fun playing around until it started getting dark. Then he kept asking to go home and to get in the car. He was not pleased with the idea of sleeping in the tent in the wilderness. He got over it when we pulled out the smores though. Haha. I was quite nervous wondering if we would get any sleep with both kids being out of their comfort zone but they both slept the entire night just fine! We woke up the next morning and Ben made us an awesome breakfast. After breakfast Andrew started hiking back to the car and said he wanted to go home, apparently he had had enough fun. So we drove home to our showers! I love camping but my OCD tendencies stop me from appreciating dirt as much as I probably should. :)
PS- I have no idea why this post is underlined...


4 comments:
It sounds like Andrew has a little of that OCD too. I thought he would be so excited to go camping! Better luck next time right? BTW... you and Andrew in that picture look EXACTLY alike!
That looks like so much fun. We've been talking about going camping, but it hasn't got past that. I think my kids would love it.
We love camping! Our kids love everything about it, but especially the tent. Something about their own little house, I guess.
Lily has those same pjs as Olivia.
So fun! Looks like you guys got a killer camp site.
Post a Comment