So I am in this balancing work and family class and I have only one more assignment left to do and I am finished. Only problem is... I really really really don't want to do it. I am almost considering not doing it at all and taking a lower grade in the class and that is not like me at all! That is how bad I really don't want to do this. So I am turning to my blogging friends to help me here.
The assignment is... Create a metaphoric family framework, based upon the information presented in class. List important concepts that affect parents, and tools, social supports that parents can use to make decisions about child and family outcomes. This assignment is meant to be a fun and creative way for you to start to conceptualize your individual parenting theory. Fun and creative!?? Sounds like torture to me.
Her example was Parenting is like a boot. The tread is like bidirectionality in the parent-child relationship. Just like as a boot travels through mud - leaving an imprint, taking some dirt along with - a bidirectional relationship addresses the idea that parental interactions with their child is driven by the give and take of conversation.
So okay then, makes perfect sense right? I really need some help here. What is parenting like? I suggested straight jacket but Ben didn't think it would be a good idea. :) I could come up with a really great metaphor for this whole class but we won't go there. HELP!
11/21/09
Metaphoric Family What?
Posted by Megan at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oh my gosh I didn't know what half of that meant. I guess that means I am not the one to ask for help. I like the new look of your blog. Susie said for you to add her so she can read it.
Post a Comment