So a friend of mine posts stuff that she is learning in her classes every week or so and I think it's an awesome idea. I am learning so much in school that I just want to burst at the seams sometimes to spread the knowledge. Hehe. Not only that but it helps me retain my knowledge to share it. Soo... with that said. Today's post is on (drum roll please...) VACUUMS! Yeah that's right. For my consumer and the market class we are learning about comparison shopping. Basically knowing how to be an informed shopper. My project, which consisted of: research at three stores, internet searches, consumer reports searches, talking with family and friends, a seven page paper, two graphs, and a ten minute presentation with handouts(phew!) was on VACUUMS. So... from my project I learned about lots of different vacuums. The one I picked is the Hoover Windtunnel Platinum Anniversary for just 160$. It rated extremely well on Consumer Reports and other consumer guides and it was cheap. It also was relatively quiet and lightweight. It had great suction and was easy to move around. So if you are in the market for a good vacuum, there you have it. I also liked the Eureka Smart Vac for 170$. Eureka seems to be a more reliable brand but this vacuum was louder and heavier than the Hoover. If you have a lot of money I recommend the Hoover Lightweight bagged for 400$. It rated number one but was out of my price range.
The main thing I learned from this assignment is that... Consumer Reports is awesome! I definitely recommend using this magazine for all your big purchases. Often the items you think are quality are actually rated quite low. For instance- I have wanted a Rowenta iron for some time now, they just look fancy and they are expensive. I looked it up and it actually rated very low. I chose one for 30$ that rated much better. Perhaps many of you already use it and I am just learning about it but nevertheless, its awesome. So there is a tidbit into what I am learning right now. Happy Shopping!
11/5/09
Vacuums...
Posted by Megan at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy my next vacuum. I usually grab the cheapest one on the shelf and end up regretting it. =(
Post a Comment