7/29/10

Stitches

Summer Adventure #3

What would summer be without an ER visit? Well we got to take a "fun" little trip there in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago. Andrew was running around like a crazy person (anyone surprised?), when he tripped and hit his head on the corner of Ben's parent's stone fireplace. We drove to the closest Emergency Room, which was 30 miles away, and sat there for a good 3 hours before finally being seen! It was unbelievable but apparently everyone was in crisis that night. All things considered, Andrew was very brave and only screamed bloody murder a couple times... :) He seemed completely thrilled by the time we left though because he got 3 booklets of stickers, two bottles of bubbles, and a stuffed animal. This ER gives parting gifts, it's awesome! Here are some pictures of his battle wounds.


Just for fun, the story from Andrew's perspective went something like this... "I fell and hit my head and it was bleeding, bleeding, bleeding on my face! Grant grabbed me and ran fast, fast, fast and he got blood on his fingers and he was holding me and I was crying, Waahhh! And I got seven stitches in my face!" He was showing his stitches to a group of girls and they said, "Whoa!" He just smiled. I guess some things are worth the pain.

4 comments:

julie said...

ha ha ha...I love Andrews rendition to the story...LOL...Cameron tells me that scars are "chick" magnets...sounds like its working for Andrew at a very early age. Glad he's okay!

Tyson and Chelsea said...

oh poor thing! Sounds like he was a brave little boy though. I guess he learned fast that the chicks dig it ;)

Aimee said...

Hahaha. Go Andrew, find what impressed the girls and take it all the way.

Sarah said...

Stitches are no fun, but I love the way Andrew tells to story.