We had a great little Easter here in Logan. This was the first year we haven't gone to Duchesne in several years so I wanted to make it extra fun for the kids. We started with an Easter egg hunt in our backyard. I thought it would be boring for the kids since our backyard is tiny, but Ben... errr the Easter bunny... got pretty creative with his hiding places. As seen below.
The kids came inside and opened all their goodies... princess figurines, bug collecting kit, and planters for their own little gardens.
Not to mention totally awesome coupons! (You have to get creative when you're too cheap to buy lots of Easter junk)
We then dyed and decorated a few eggs. Olivia sampled the vinegar, coloring, and water mixture. Her verdict... "Mmmm tastes good."
We also planted herbs in their cool new gardening kits.
Olivia thought the planters were chocolate cake. This picture is right after Ben told her it was dirt. She said, "I don't like dirt!"
I started a new tradition in our family for Easter. Like many families in Logan, we went up to Old Main and rolled our boiled eggs down the hill. Ben was so confused as to why this past time was so popular... as seen in the picture below. Andrew was pretty thrilled. Livy refused to roll her eggs down.
We did miss our families and the kids were bummed they didn't actually see the Easter bunny but it was kind of nice not running from one house to another in Duchesne. We spent Sunday at church, lounging in the sun, and watching Andrew catch bugs. All in all, it was a pretty awesome and low-key holiday. Happy Easter!
4/25/11
Easter Fun
Posted by Megan at 1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I really loved your coupon idea. That will be way more memorable then anything else they would have got. Feel free to make me a coupon anytime for a sleepover with the kids at Grandma's house. LOL
That sounds like a fun and relaxing Easter. I love their EAster outfits. Olivia's hair is getting so long! WE miss you guys like crazy
Post a Comment