A few weeks ago, the thought came to me that I needed to re-decorate my house. Since then I have spent countless hours thinking about random pieces of furniture or home decor I want to buy. In addition I have considered all the things I want to make, re-paint, re-upholster, sew, build, re-vamp, etc. Do I know how to do any of these things? uhhh no. Do I have time or money for any of these things? uhhh no. This evening I was researching on pinterest all the tutorials for the above mentioned when I came across this awesome blog called Clover Lane. Divine intervention? Perhaps! I read the following posts called It Doesn't Have To Be Beautiful To Be Perfect AND Making Your Home A Little Piece of Heaven AND A Lesson Learned AND a few... or ten... other posts after that. :)
What did I gain from this madness? I have an entirely NEW plan and it has little to do with buying more furniture or taking on more projects. It has more to do with my children and the fact that I've been way too stressed, frazzled, and busy the past few months to be the mother I want to be. This year has been insane and has flown by for me. It's a bad sign when my five year old is constantly saying, "Hurry! We're going to be late! Am I late?" My kids are growing up before my eyes and I can't help but feel like life is passing me by.
So... I'm taking a step back. I'm going to "slow down a little, steady the course, and focus on the essentials." Unfortunately, re-decorating my house will have to wait. I may have to stop checking Pinterest and certain blogs for awhile to do it though. Wish me luck!
12/8/11
Ah-ha!
Posted by Megan at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment