Well we moved to Idaho! And I had A LOT of catching up to do on this blog. Ben got a job with Keller Associates in Pocatello as a civil engineer and we are so excited to start our post-school life! We are renting a cute house in Chubbuck with a great big yard complete with a pear tree, grapes, a fire pit, garden, and tons of trees. It's heaven. The wind blows a lot, but there are no mosquitos. Our neighbors next door are some of the nicest people we've met and our ward seems great. We already have to speak in church this Sunday, yikes! Here is what happened the first couple weeks...
Ben's parents and a lot of my family came up to help us move. It was also Ben's dad's birthday, so we bought him dinner and a cake to make it worth his while.
We built a fire pit on some dirt in our yard and have been out roasting marshmallows a lot.
I planted tomatoes and peppers in the front yard. As well as basil, thyme, and rosemary.
And Ben and the kids planted corn, peas, beans, and squash in the back. Hopefully it grows, it's very shaded back there.
We went on a lot of drives around Pocatello and found the prettiest area, Inkom. I wish we could move there.
Ben is doing well at work. We couldn't ask for a better company. His boss and co-workers are great. He came home with these spiffy business cards.
I haven't taken any pictures of the inside yet, but here are some pictures of our backyard. I love it so much. It makes up for the quirks in the old house.
So far, life here is pretty good. It's hard to compare to Logan, but we like it. We found the library and a good grocery store. We are slowly learning how to drive on one-way roads. It's great living so close to my grandparents and not too far from Duchesne. There are lots of parks around us for the kids to play in. I think it's going to be a good place for us.


1 comments:
Your updates about the funny things your kids say is hilarious!
Post a Comment