9/25/14

My garden

Well Jack Frost decided to make an early appearance this year in Pocatello. The field behind our house was covered in ice from the sprinklers. It was really gorgeous....


But it did a number on my uncovered tomatoes. Truly, I cried like a baby when I realized my tomatoes were dead. Not even kidding. My garden was my big project this summer. It was the first year I didn't have any help from Ben. They were beautiful and it was our best year doing tomatoes and peppers in a long time. Thankfully, I had picked every ripe tomato two days before, so it wasn't completely wasted... and we had lots of cherry tomatoes throughout the summer.

I wish I had pictures of them in all their glory. :( But here are a few memorable moments in the garden this year... 



This plant got to be at least twice that size. 


Bleh, stupid winter. Surprisingly, the frost killed the plant, but some of the vines and fruit were still okay. I left them for about two weeks and today I went out and picked two handfuls of cherry tomatoes and about 15 full size ones. Tender mercies!

0 comments: