I really love fall and for several reasons!
1- Its canning season! Okay actually I really HATE canning, like the actual process. It makes a huge mess of my house, its a lot of work, and its especially a lot of work with two small children. But when I get done and see several jars of yummy food lined across my counter, I almost want to jump for joy. Haha. This weekend we canned three batches of jam- peach & cinnamon pear (my grandma's fav.) and last week we canned Spaghetti sauce (My mother-in-law's recipe, which is amazing!) Now we only have salsa (which is my absolute least favorite to make) and more spaghetti sauce and maybe just tomatoes or peaches... who knows.
2- All the colorful leaves! Red is my favorite color and nature makes the most beautiful shade of it I have ever seen, I haven't seen anything man-made that is quite as nice. This sunday we went on a little walk up Logan canyon and it was so fun. Andrew was loving the fact that we were letting him just run and run and run.
3- Our garden is all ready to be picked! This is both a blessing and a curse because we wait all year for fresh vegetables and then we have a huge abundance of everything we want all at the same time. It's a little overwhelming. Our place has a HUGE garden by the side of the house that Ben made even bigger a few years ago by taking out probably 15 feet of cement! We have planted everything we could possibly think of in it. The first year we were here we planted strawberries and raspberries and now they are taking up a huge part of it. This year we have tomatoes, corn (which is not doing so hot), green beans, carrots, radishes, peppers, onions, squash (spaghetti, zuchhini, and yellow), pumpkins, and peas. Our downstairs neighbors have never wanted a part in the garden so its ours and Ben absolutely loves it!



4- We got married in the fall! We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary on the 22nd of October and I love to go through my wedding album and look at all the pictures with yellow and red leaves in the background. I can't believe how much our life has changed since we got married. I love my family!


3 comments:
I LOVED your post. I feel exactly the same way about fall! Plus I'm super impressed with your garden! It really looks amazing!
Ah, I wish my garden was a quarter of what yours was. But I learned this year that I am not up for canning on my own. I need to learn that domestic craft a little better. It was fun going to feed the ducks today. We'll have to do it again.
Wow!!! Looks like you have been busy... we don't have anything growing in our garden, so in order for us to make anything we had to buy the fruits and veggies from the store. Kinda sucked, but it was nice to get some jam made. Now if there is a natural disaster and I am stuck in our house (ie. snow) I will just have to make bread and I will have bread and jam for a meal or two... lol!
Post a Comment