Oh man it's been a long... month. Since we have had Olivia, Andrew has been sick twice and Ben has been sick twice. This weekend was the pinnacle when Olivia had a slight fever (100.9) so I called the doctor and they said to take her to the emergency room! So I took her in just expecting that they would check her and send me home... Nope. They gave her an iv in her head, took her blood, and did a spinal tap on her. It was terrible! I think I cried more than she did. They then admitted her into the hospital and kept her for two days waiting for test results. Her poor little eyes were swollen from crying so much. It was heartbreaking. But all turned out okay. (Except she is a little anemic and has to take iron drops for a few weeks) All the test results were fine so the doctor thinks she just had a virus. I never expected them to do so much for a fever but I guess with her being so young, they worry that she could have a bacterial infection so they have to test everything. I am now paranoid though and plan to keep her away from people till she has a round of vaccinations and more of an immune system. Well that's my story for the week. I hope to have a happier blog next time!
9/9/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment