We finally got to go to our new ward today. It was quite the experience. It's so hard for me to start over and get used to new places and new people. I remember our first week in 23rd ward. I was about 8 months pregnant with Andrew and feeling huge and miserable. I didn't even want to go to church... ever, hahaha. That was the day I met one of my best friends Keri, who was also 8 months pregnant and feeling huge and miserable! I remember meeting our bishop and telling him that I was freaked out to start over in a new ward. He essentially told me that if I would come every week, get out of my little comfort box, and try to meet people, that I would make friends that I would have for a lifetime. I didn't really believe him (I was pretty bitter and ornery) but I went ahead and tried it anyway. To make a long story short, I met some really really awesome people in 23rd ward who I still love and plan to stay close to for years to come. As I was listening to the teacher in Relief Society, (It's a miracle, I got to go to an adult class! Hahaha.) she mentioned that she went to the temple. I started thinking about that and realized that she probably was in the Logan temple, the same temple I go to, she probably did all the same things I did there at the temple. She probably even sat in the same chairs I sit in. Even though I didn't know her, or anyone else for that matter, it made me realize that we all had at least one thing in common. It was fun to look at everyone and make my first little impressions of them and it will be even more fun to see in a few years what I think of them then. I am so grateful for the gospel. I am so grateful that I can go to any LDS church building and hear basically the same things. I am so grateful for all the friends I have, LDS and non-LDS, old and new, that have helped me along and made me want to be a better person, and I am hopeful for the future in this new ward.
PS- these pictures have nothing to do with my post, but my kids are so cute I have to show them off! :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment