12/14/08

All the mothers out there...

I am seriously feeling this.... Everyday.

Being a mother has helped me gain so much patient. I was talking with my sister and cousins at our girl's weekend about how seeing screaming kids disrupting church and my romantic dinner used to be annoying. Now it is a relief to me to see someone else's child spilling water on the person sitting next to them or throwing a fit in the middle of sacrament meeting. Honestly it is like a little piece of Heaven to watch someone else chase their child through the store. I am not alone! Olivia just loves people! It's cute and wonderful that she loves to be cuddled but what about my laundry laying all over the floor? I think it's an age thing. Hopefully it will get easier as she gets more mobile. Andrew is entering a new phase of life also. He used to be so cautious and I would have to worry about other kids beating up on him... Now the tables have turned and he just finds it hilarious to hit and play rough with people. I am totally up for suggestions on this matter... :) Seriously. What a crazy world it is with children. I just have to remember to cherish this time, "take joy in the journey", and stop worrying so much. This will make for good laughs in the future, actually it makes for pretty good laughs right now.

3 comments:

Christy said...

i love your manger scene!!

so...they finally released you guys from your callings yesterday :) yep, our ward is right on top of it!!

Mary said...

What a great post! You expressed a lot of my feelings perfectly. My kids tend to stress me out, but over the weekend Tyler and I went to Salt Lake without our kids, and I was even MORE stressed until I was back home with them. (Not that the break wasn't nice!) But my kids really define my life. It's what I AM. A mother.

Sharli said...

Don't worry meg, he is just being a boy. Little Rustin doesnt know how to be soft or "play nice". We just enjoy it and try to get through our day. Rustin really is a softy at heart, but I think that boys will just be boys, and we'll love 'em for it! I have realized that sometimes it's more important to play with him than it is to make sure that the laundry is folded and the dishes done!