12/30/08

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas is over! Sad! I got my decorations out a little late this year so I was especially sad to see them come down so soon. We had a wonderful Christmas in Duchesne with our families. This year we spent Christmas Eve with Ben's family so we talked them into adopting one of my family traditions and they bought a prime rib for Ben and I to cook up the way my grandpa does. It was heavenly! Then we played Christmas games which kept us laughing out loud and we read the Christmas story in the scriptures. Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas PJs! The next morning, Ben woke me up at 4:30 and said, "Hey should we get up?" I said, "NO WAY! Go to bed!" He then laid back down for a whole half hour and at 5:00am decided to wake the whole house up without consulting me. It's interesting to me that I had to wake Andrew up for Christmas, shouldn't we be enjoying the sleep while we can? Haha. Oh well, I couldn't sleep well anyway. Andrew went CRAZY for all of his toys while Olivia slept. I think Andrew's favorite was actually Olivia's doll. Haha. After presents, we lounged around and made omelettes for breakfast. We then surprised my family by showing up to open presents with them a day early. I was SO excited to see what people thought of the gifts I got them, especially my grandma. All of us grandkids got together over Thanksgiving and pieced together a quilt for my grandma. Every grandkid got one square that they picked out and they all had to be pink (breast cancer awareness color). You know it's a good present when the recipient opens it and cries. It was wonderful! Andrew loves to read. He is pretty good too!I learned this thing is not stable standing on my hands after it jumped at me! Andrew loved this Elmo though. He even tried to get it to play Hungry Hungry Hippo with him. Andrew got Thomas underwear! Time to be potty trained! Wish me luck.

We spent the next few days playing with all our gifts, sledding with family, and lounging around. It was a wonderful break from the usual hussle of life. I think I dressed in pajamas for three days straight almost. Haha. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

That picture of Olivia and her dollie is sooooo cute! Glad you guys had a great Christmas.

julie said...

I LOVED this blog! That part about you guys giving your grandma the quilt was so sweet and almost made me cry. You guys are so thoughtful and I am sure that it will always mean the world to her. I loved the pictures of the kids, especially the one with Olivia pulling on Santa's beard...that is super precious! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts with the rest of us out here in blog world.