Phew! It has been a LONG weekend. We went to Duchesne for fair week and it happened to fall right on Andrew's birthday too so we threw a party with my family to celebrate both my kids birthdays. Thursday night we went to the derby and Andrew had fun watching the cars crash into each other. I spent the entire afternoon on Friday baking treats for their party. I made coconut cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting. I also made these cute cute cake pops I found at my favorite baking blog that I had been wanting to try for months. They proved to be a pain in the butt at first but we eventually got a nice assembly line going with my mom, grandma, sister, Ben, and my cousin Cassidy. Haha. They were very good though and so cute I almost couldn't eat them! :) Andrew and Olivia got so spoiled with gifts. Andrew kept getting frustrated because he couldn't stop and play between each present. We then had a little pinata that proved to be pretty entertaining. Saturday we spent the whole day at the fair. First we went to kids day and Andrew got his face painted and played games. Later in the day we went to the parade and Andrew got to ride in the float with my grandpa throwing otter pops. That night we took Andrew and Cassidy down to ride the rides, which Andrew loved! I was so grateful for Cassidy who stuck right by his side all night and went on all the rides with him. After the rides, we ran our little tail ends back to my grandma's house to change cars and drive up on the hill to light off the fireworks for the rodeo with my family. As always, it was like walking into a battle zone but we managed to get by without getting our heads blown off so it's all good. :) Sunday afternoon we drove to Orem for my cousin CJ's farewell. He will be leaving for Bulgaria in a week. We will miss him! Sooo.... that's my weekend. Sorry it's a lot of words. This summer has been crazy!
PS- My blogger has been acting crazy and all these pictures are disorganized so here you go... 


8/10/09
One long weekend... and one LONG post.
Posted by Megan at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Happy birthday to your babies. I can't believe how big they are getting. They are so adorable.
Ditto to Dayna. Such a fun time and happy happy birthday!
You are such an awesome mom! I love your kids. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment