Well it's been one whole year since my sweet baby girl came into the world! Phew... it has flown by. She has been so funny today. This morning we all sang happy birthday to her and she clapped and smiled the whole time. Then I asked her to give us birthday kisses and she did! She is now a pro-kisser. She gave me about a dozen and Ben a few too, even Andrew got one! I got her dressed in one of her cute birthday outfits my mom got her and we took some pictures. She has been walking all over the house today and yesterday. She is so proud of herself. She dragged Andrew's footstool into the living room from the kitchen this afternoon and sat in it so I would take her for a ride like Tyler was doing for her yesterday. Later in the day, I bought her a coconut cream pie and I thought she would go crazy for it, especially since she kept trying to grab it, but once she got her hands covered, she started to scream. Then Ben decided to kick the party up a notch and throw cake in our faces and UP my nose. It still stings! We got him back a little though. After pie we decided we wanted to eat a dessert that was a little less mutilated so we went out for frozen yogurt. It was pretty much a perfect day. Much like the same day one year ago...
Olivia was born on the most gorgeous Sunday morning. It was for sure one of the best days of my life. I couldn't have asked for a better birth. I really had my heart set on going all-natural with her but when I did finally get some drugs, I think I felt a little piece of heaven. Haha. Even though I was dissapointed I didn't have her without an epidural, spending the last couple hours of my pregnancy just relaxing and talking with Ben was so great that I don't know if I want to try going natural again or not. When I first saw her I remember thinking how tiny she was compared to Andrew and she had this totally girly cry. I didn't get to hold her for long before Ben, who was hovering over my shoulder, wisked her away and danced her around the room. I don't think I have ever seen Ben so happy.
I feel so blessed to have Olivia in our family. She is Andrew's "Deah", my "Livy Bug", and her daddy's "Little Olive" We love you baby! Happy Birthday!
8/17/09
Happy Birthday Livy!
Posted by Megan at 2:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Happy Birthday Olivia! I can't believe how big she is! She looks so beautiful with he flower, I love it!
Post a Comment