2/24/12

What's new?

 I'm generally not a huge fan of the months January, February, and March... It's so cold, even in this mild winter. As such, we don't go out much during those months or do anything very exciting. But I'm tired of seeing the same old posts on my blog every time I open it, so here's a little update on what's new with us...

 Ben turned a quarter of a century old! I made him an Almond Joy cake which wasn't as wonderful as I hoped but he didn't seem to care.


 We had a fun Valentine's Day. Ben and I made a big heart shape out of chocolate kisses in the kid's room while they slept. We put the gifts they got from my mom in the middle of the heart and they were thrilled to wake up and see it. I also made pink pancakes for breakfast. Since Ben has to work nights, my neighbor offered to watch my kids so we could eat dinner alone during his break. He was really surprised and that made it all the more fun.

 Last Saturday we fed the ducks at first dam. The kids loved that and have been begging to go back.





The new theme in Primary this year is Choose The Right and Andrew has been obsessed with choices and consequences lately. He found this recipe for CTR pretzels in The Friend and begged me for days to make them. 

I started a book club with some neighbors and we had our first meeting yesterday. It was tons of fun. I have been wanting to start one FOREVER!

I've been doing well on my resolution to work out every day. Jillian Michaels is kicking my butt. I admit that some days I would rather do anything than get up and exercise, but I'm a much happier and energetic mom when I work out. Andrew is my personal trainer and lets me know when I'm slacking.

Today is my sweet mother-in-law's birthday. I wish we were in Duchesne helping her celebrate.

That's about all the news I can think of.  Sorry we're so boring! Maybe next month we'll do something exciting...

0 comments: