3/10/09

God has a sense of humor...

You know that to be true when SPRING break in Logan looks like this...
I am SO sick of this weather! Ughh. Our backyard had no snow when we left, now look at it! Duchesne really did look like a tropical oasis compared to this.
In happier news though, Olivia crawled for the first time today! She is getting SO big!
And in even happier news, Ben's brother got called to the St. Louis Missouri Mission! He is leaving June 10. We are so excited for him! Ironically enough, he will be only an hour and a half away from my dad's family in Illinois. I didn't take my camera so an old picture of his huge hair will have to do. We are also happy to report that he now has short hair and it looks wonderful. Hahaha. We love you Sean!

3 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

i love your new background! So cute! So I was going to say... uhm... oh ya... that is a TON of snow!!! I feel so bad for you. It snowed here yesterday, but it didn't last long. It's melted and if the wind would stop blowing it would be like spring!

Becca said...

YEA Olivia!!

I am soooo tired of winter weather too. Sigh

Jody and Jace Martin said...

Denver has had some GREAT weather, but winter is definately not over. A clod front just blew in. UUGGHH! Can it be spring already! BTW here is the Jambalaya recipe. You can adjust the amount of Ceyenne to fit how spicy you like things. Also, the creole seasoning isn't in the original recipe(I NEVER follow a recipe exactally) so if you don't have any on hand, that's okay...

Cajun Jambalaya

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
8 ounces kielbasa, diced
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 cups uncooked white rice
4 cups chicken stock
3 bay leaves
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp cajun or creole seasoning

DIRECTIONS
Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute chicken and kielbasa until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Season with cayenne, onion powder, salt and pepper, and cajun seasoning. Cook 5 minutes, or until onion is tender and translucent. Add rice, then stir in chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.

I hope you enjoy it!