Well last night was our second night of Wilton Cake Decorating. Me and my cousin Lindsey are having a blast so far with it. My frosting turned a delicious shade I like to call "dog turd brown"... see brown on the bottom of the cake. My spice cake was dry and stuck to the pan even though I buttered and floured it. During class my frosting began to "melt" and it separated to the point where it was just plan awful looking so I used my stiffer white icing to make the dots on the cake. For the first night decorating, I don't think it went too awful though. I learned a few things. 1: Use a cake mix when you don't have a ton of time. 2: Don't use old western family shortening to make your frosting 3: Cleaning shortening out of a mixer is pretty much impossible but can be done with LOTS of grease cutting dish soap. Hopefully things will start to look a little better next week. :)
9/10/09
Cake Decorating Wk. 1
Posted by Megan at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOL...you are so funny Meg's! I could just totally hear you saying this as I read it! You are so much fun!!! Hang in there and you'll get the hang of it. I can't wait to read about next weeks experience~
Yay for you! It is so much fun, and I am so glad you decided to do it. Good for you! I can't wait to see your cake creations!!
Post a Comment