9/1/09

Sewing

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and Ben got me into sewing lessons as a surprise so since January I have been going and it has been a lot of fun. I became obsessed with thinking of projects to do and I love having a sewing machine! I just wish I had more free time to make stuff. Well school started and I had to quit doing my sewing lessons. I was pretty bummed about it but I plan to start up again when life isn't so hectic. These were some of the things I made while taking lessons...

First I made some pajama pants for Andrew but I couldn't find the picture I took of them and he has already grown out of them so they are boxed away. :( After I made his PJs, I made these cute little Thomas the train curtains for his room. He loves them.

I next decided to make an apron for me.

Then I made a dress for Olivia.

Last but not least... since Ben was feeling particularly left out, I made him this vest. It actually still needs buttons but you get the idea. I am sick to death of this vest to be quite honest, I have been working on it forever but it looks really good on Ben so it was worth it.

I am not sure what I am going to make next. Maybe a cute diaper bag or a skirt or dress for me. For now, I am going to concentrate on school so the sewing will have to take a back seat.

3 comments:

julie said...

WOW!!! I am super impressed. I love to sew. Its so relaxing...if you don't have interruptions and can do it when things are quiet. Way to go Meg! I am super excited for you. You do a wonderful job, keep it up!!!!

Jack and Daynalee said...

Okay you are amazing. I have zero patience for sewing. If it's more than a straight line I just can't tolerate it. All your stuff looks so great. I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That dress you made Olivia is darling! And I love your apron! Good job!