9/2/09

Our bus ride...

So I rode the bus home from school today. It was Olivia's nap time so she started to get fussy. I waited for thirty minutes at the bus stop. I was carrying two back packs, a stroller, and Olivia. Andrew had to sit next to a stranger a seat away from me because all the seats were taken. By the time we got sat down, Olivia was screaming bloody murder into my ear and everyone else's ear too seeing as how the bus was crammed full. I tried to calm Olivia by offering her a bottle which she immediately threw under the seats ahead of us. She then kicked off her shoes and those followed the bottle. It took all my strength to restrain her as she flung her body in every direction possible. Meanwhile... most of the bus is staring at me with their mouths wide open. One women even looked as though she might jump up and demand Olivia from me. She kept dodging her head to look past people in the way of her view on me. By the time we got off the bus, I was sweating, shaking, and on the verge of tears but I managed to keep it together until we got to the car and I called Ben, who I then cried to for 10 minutes. The moral of this story... Be patient with people who have kids and if you have something to say or something that is bothering you... Speak up or stop staring and mind your own business... That's all I have to say. Phew. I feel better already.

2 comments:

julie said...

Megan...your too funny! Doesn't it just make you want to say, "Hey lady up there...you got a problem?"...I'm sorry that you had to ride the bus home...my heart goes out to you!

Jack and Daynalee said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. I probably would have started crying right in the middle of the bus.