12/7/09

Deck the Halls

I LOVE Christmas and I really love getting all my decorations out and going crazy each year. The day we got back from Thanksgiving, we put up all our Christmas stuff. My favorite decoration is my nativity and I found the perfect little place for it this year (meaning high enough that the kids can't reach).


Last year I swore I could not make stockings but I guess my sewing lessons were good for something! I got this idea from Martha Stewart, of course hers are nicer looking but whatever. The point is to put a new little felt piece in the shape of whatever you want to remember that year on your stocking.


Here are pics of us decorating our little fake tree. I was so sad that we forgot to find the tree stand at my grandparents house over the break, I really wanted a real tree this year but my frugality wouldn't allow a tree stand in our Christmas budget. Yes I am cheap. :) Maybe next year.





Stockings hung...


And here is a nice blurry picture of the outside of our house.


Happy Christmas!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love your stockings! That is an awesome idea. I'm going to have to do something for next year when we have another little one because I really want matching stockings sometime, and right now they're pretty mismatched... and falling apart! Where did you find the pattern?

Morley Fam said...

Hey Megan, I have to agree, I love this time of year and decorating too. Your tree turned out so well. Did you guys buy a house?It looks awesome and like your already for Christmas! Have Fun!

Anonymous said...

The stockings look great! Very creative!

Jack and Daynalee said...

I love your decorations. Everything is SO cute!