We had a great Easter weekend in Duchesne this year. I only had my camera while we were with my family so I don't have any pictures of Ben's family, but we spent time with them also. Friday night we drove to Provo for a reunion with some of my grandma's German ancestors that came to Utah. It was really amazing to meet them all!Saturday morning, we started off by going to the town Easter egg hunt. When I was growing up, helping with the town Easter egg hunt was tradition in my family. We helped dye hundreds of eggs, hid them in sub-freezing :) temperatures at 6am, and helped hand out prizes. This year I slept in with the kids while Ben got up to hide eggs with my family and the Lion's Club, poor guy! We got about a dozen boiled eggs and a couple prize eggs. Despite the FREEZING cold temperatures, the kids had a blast.
After the hunt, we helped hand out prizes and waited for the Easter bunny to be free so we could get our turn with her. My kids absolutely loved her.... hmm wonder why? (My sis was this year's beautiful bunny!)
I was soo shocked to see Olivia take to the bunny so well. She refused to come to me. She got to sit on her lap for a good 15 minutes and gave her kisses and tried to feed her candy. She then walked her out and the Easter bunny went back to what my aunt called, "Easter land" Haha.
After the town festivities, we had lunch with Ben's family (sorry, no pics) and celebrated his grandma's birthday. We then went to his parent's house for an Easter egg hunt with Andrew and his cousin Quade. They had a blast.
Sunday afternoon we dyed Easter eggs with Oma and headed for home. What a fun and LONG weekend. I am happy to be home again.
4/5/10
Happy Easter
Posted by Megan at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love the new blog!! It was such a fun weekend.
I loved spending time with you guys!! Olivia and "the bunny" was probably my favorite part. (I wonder why, lol) Thanks for a great Easter weekend!!!
Post a Comment