8/1/13

Fourth of July

We went to Idaho Falls for Fourth of July... I realize I'm a month late getting this up. My grandparents got a hotel room near the Snake River so we could watch fireworks closer to where they shoot them off. So that afternoon we went swimming in the hotel pool.We then picked a good spot on the grass and ate and talked until the firework show. Unfortunately, a man jumped into the Snake River right before the fireworks were to start and drowned. Sad story. I was paranoid after that and kept my kids far away from the river. The firework show was amazing though.




The next day we went to a park in Idaho Falls and ate lunch. Andrew found a skate park and took his scooter. He was pretty excited about it.



We then went to the Tautphaus Park Zoo. It was a really nice zoo, I was pleasantly surprised. They had tons of cool animals... Giant turtles, lions, tigers, monkeys, penguins, camels, and more.






Millie was telling this boy that the animal in the cage was "her tiger." She was very matter of fact and staring him straight in the eye. Haha.



This was my favorite animal of the whole trip. I made Ben and the kids sit in front of its cage for probably 10 minutes because I was taking a million pictures. Isn't he the cutest thing? He got so close and stared right into our faces. I wanted to hold him.





The day we left, we went to the Snake River again and fed the ducks, took some pictures, and headed home. It was a great trip.





0 comments: