1/29/09

It's a miracle!

After much helpful advice... (thanks everyone!) I decided to let Andrew cry until he finally fell asleep for nap. I know, I am such a mean mom! Haha. But it works! He is sleeping through the night and takes a nice two hour nap in the day. It's pure bliss! I feel like leaping through the air. This mother stuff is sure stressful sometimes. I decided that for a change (ha!) I would blog about some fun mother stuff for a bit today.
First- My friend Mary has a blog that is really cool. She has all sorts of creative ideas to keep your kids entertained. Here is one we recently tried out. Who knew duct tape could double as a new train track? Oh and check out those adorable pajama pants Andrew is wearing. Pretty cute huh! That was my first project in the sewing class Ben signed me up for. I was so proud. Haha.

If all else fails, I try stickers. They keep Andrew entertained for at least half an hour. And as you can see, Olivia's random household item of choice is... sunglasses!

Andrew loves this hungry hungry hippo game. He has been trying, very unsuccessfully, to get Elmo to play with him for the past month. Well forget that, Olivia looks like a willing opponent.

This is one of my favorite things! The bumbo chair. My grandpa bought this for Andrew probably two years ago and it's so great for when they can't sit up quite yet... and easier to clean than a high chair after meals.

I was recently surfing the net and came across this idea... I didn't go quite as far as Martha did, but I think mine turned out pretty cute! It was dirt cheap to make too. All I used was some fabric, ribbon, a picture frame, and a glue gun. Now I have a place for all of Olivia's hair bows! I do like the knobs and stuff on Martha's though. That would be nice for the headbands.


Well that's all for now. Sorry I have intentions to keep my blogs brief and then I just keep going. Haha. If anyone knows of other creative ideas/projects I could try, let me know! My next project is the cute letter holder and coasters I saw on Dayna's and Julie's blogs.

2 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

Glad to see that my gift to Andrew is being used by not only him! HAHA!! That is too cute! Did you figure out a way to get those letters on the wall yet?

Mary said...

I'm glad you found that blog! My whole reason for starting it was to try and get myself to be a better mom (and my original goal was to update it everday! Ha!)

That hair thing is so cool- I'm gonna have to make one. Maybe it'll help keep my daughter from flushing all her hair things down the toilet.