I am sick of seeing that my last blog was about potty training. I prefer not think of it again, but alas... I am still in the process. That's all I have to say about that because I am sick of talking about it and I am sure you are sick of hearing about it. SO we had an old friend from high school over for dinner last weekend. I hardly ever have company over for dinner anymore, it's lame, so I went crazy! Our menu included: Chicken Fajitas, Chili Lime Black Beans and Rice, 7 layer bean dip (which actually was only 5 layers, I couldn't remember what to add to it), Strawberry Margaritas, and finally my favorite thing of the night Tres Leches cake. I have been craving more tres leches all week. I would probably make it again but then I would eat it all myself and feel crumby afterward so if anyone wants to come over, I will make it for visitors!
I made Ben and Tyson pose, haha I am a spaz I know.
These non- alcoholic :) margaritas were not my favorite... maybe I just don't like margaritas. They were way too tart. But they looked good. I love making food for visitors! I can't wait until my kids are old and we do our own little holiday dinners and make it all fun and fancy. I am going to go nuts! Anyone that knows me knows that I will find any excuse to make new desserts. My next project is Ben's birthday cake. I want to do something awesome! So... should I make option 1) Chocolate Devil's Food Cake with ganache frosting... option 2) German chocolate cake with coconut frosting or option 3) Plain jane yellow cake with chocolate frosting...? Hmmm decisions decisions.


2 comments:
Ooh! I want to come to dinner at your house! That seriously looks SO good and makes me want to make fun stuff!
Wow, that is an awesome meal! Suddenly I'm very hungry.
Post a Comment