Learn to bake one new thing a month...I decided this month is bread making month. :) I have always wanted to learn how to make crazy french breads. So... my first experiment was CIABATTA. I didn't really know how hard this bread was to make or anything, I just really liked it and the only place I can find it is at bakeries. Halfway through the recipe, I went and looked online and it said it was not a beginner's bread... haha. Oh well. I don't think it was too hard to make but it did take a lot of time. Ben and I started at about noon and we finally ate hot bread at 9:00 pm. But... most of it was just sitting time, not actually working for that long. I was literally standing by the oven watching when we finally got to bake it! If I can do it, anyone can do it. For those of you that haven't had ciabatta, I highly recommend it. It's crunchy on the outside and soft and airy on the inside. DELICIOUS! I read that they use it to make paninis and other sandwiches. This morning I had a scrambled egg sandwich and it was amazing. This recipe made 6 little loaves, I halfed one to make a sandwich, so you could probably get 12 sandwiches with it. Last night we just ate it with honey butter though. If any of you decide to try it out, I would go to the library and get Martha Stewart's baking handbook, it's in there and it was pretty easy to read and figure out. The next thing I am going to try is olive oil bread and baguettes.... hmm we will see how that goes. Happy Baking to me!
1/20/09
Resolution #6
Posted by Megan at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh my gosh! That looks soooo good!! I'm coming over!
Yum-o! Look how ambitious! I would love a taste! mmmmm
Yeah for you! It looks awesome!
Megan...YUM!! That looks so good. What made you decide to bake something new every month? you are very ambitious, I admire that. I wished you lived next door to me so that I could sample all of your baking creations!
That looks so good. I like to try new things, but baking and myself do not get along. My kick lately has been trying different homemade ice-cream recipes. (In the dead of winter, I know... but I'll have a list of the best come summer!)
Post a Comment