1/5/09

Potty Training

We started potty training Andrew today. So far we have had 5 accidents, which meant me scrubbing the couch, carpet (twice), chair, and Andrew's blanket. We also had about 10 successful experiences on his little toilet so I think we are doing okay so far. It must be those Thomas underwear. :) I honestly don't have much clue what I am doing but I never thought I would be jumping up and down in excitement over some pee in a toilet. Haha. If any of you have advice, PLEASE let me know! How long does potty training usually take?

In Olivia news... She tried her first food the other day, rice cereal. Yummy! She also had a doctor appointment today and she is in the 95th percentile for her height, 50th percentile for weight. She is a tall girl! She rolls all over the living room and laughs out loud and makes a lovely "grrr" sound when she is excited. She is also teething so that is wonderous. :)

Ben started school today and in his words, it was "laaame" I think things will get better once he gets into all his classes and gets his schedule organized though. Only 3 more semesters!

I started one of my new years resolutions today and began The Miracle of Forgiveness. So far it is really good and successfully makes me feel like a sinner, but that's okay. That's what forgiveness is for, right? If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it, at least for what I have read.

2 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

Okay so I know that I don't have any idea what potty training or having a child is really like, but if I did I would say: Does anyone really know what they are doing potty training wise with their first child? I think for the first day, you are doing great! Olivia is beautiful as always and that is fun that she is starting real food. So when she comes here can she eat nana's with Aunt Mel??

Trent and Melanie said...

Oh and a friend of mine told me that if you have a jar of treats by the sink and they know what they are for then that will help alot... hope that helps!!