Happy Valentines! Well in a few days. I love this holiday, even though it is mostly way too cheesy. I think it gives me something to look forward to while enduring dreary winter. Andrew and his friend Kenzie got together and made valentines last week. It was hectic trying to get them to sit down for more than one minute and I think Keri and I actually ended up doing most of the work but they were cute. On Monday we had a little FHE on love and made Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. YUMMY! Andrew acted out the good samaritan and then for the rest of the night he was falling on the ground saying, "help me!"
Last week my ward got together and made valentine cards and this is how they turned out.... Super cute and totally not my idea, I followed step-by-step instructions. I have learned I am just not creative in the scrapbooking/cardmaking/paperfolding area.
In other news... excuse me if you think this is crude but Andrew went #2 in the toilet for the first time!!! Wahoo! He doesn't really have any accidents anymore but this #2 deal was a struggle. Hopefully it will be uphill from here! On a completely different subject... (I just love how my blogs all make sense and have a point, haha) I have decided I am in a cooking rut. I use the same recipes all the time and it's time to try new things so... this week I have challenged myself to have new things for dinner each night. It has been a lot of fun and I plan to blog on it soon! PS- if any of you know of good dinner recipes I just have to try, let me know. Well until then, I hope you all have a fantastic Valentines weekend.
2/11/09
Happy Valentines!
Posted by Megan at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I have some super yummy recipes at home! I'll have to send you some. I LOVE getting new recipes. If I ever made dinner anymore I would totally be in the "we eat the same things every week" rut (Jack works till 12:30am every night so I usually eat pancakes or cold cereal) Send some of your recipes MY way!
I miss you and keri :( I wish I lived closer! Your cards you made are WAY cute...I might have to steal some ideas from them. Pass on any recipes that you find...I think i am in the same rutt...
Haha! I am in a cooking rut to - but I just don't cook anymore - at all. If you ever want to carouse my recipes come on over.
Do you want that recipe for that spagetti/cheesy/pepperoni thing we made at grams that one time? I made it for a lady in my ward who just had a baby and made extra and took it to grams for dinner last night. It was suprisingly well for the onery mood I was in. So I have to tell you I messed up on our little resolution... oops! I'm not real good at this am I?! Anyway, I'll send you some recipes!!!
CUTE cards! I love making cards.
I have been trying really hard to try new recipes and actually plan meals. Last week I planned and shopped for two weeks of meals, hoping that I would stick to it. I kinda sorta did, but I need to do better.
*Meatball subs
*French dips with au jus
*Sweet and sour chicken/meatballs over rice
*curry with brown rice
*chicken parmesean with pasta
*Southwest taco salad with lime sqeezes
*Country Fried steak with mashed potato's and corn
*Brinner (crepe's ect. like we did for sadie's! that was fun!)
*Chicken soft tacos and spanish rice
*Pulled pork sandwhiches
*Twice baked potatoes and ham
*Chili Verde
*Beef Stroganoff
Okay lady there's 2 weeks worth of ideas!! Get outta the rut already (cause i'm in one too!).
ps you really need to teach me how to make those cards...let's have a craft day!
Post a Comment