Well Andrew had his first day of preschool yesterday. I can't believe I have a child old enough to be in preschool. Oddly enough, I still remember my first day of preschool at Mrs. Kargis's school in Duchesne. I remember she had a fish tank and a big tree house that I loved to play in. I think this preschool will be an interesting challenge for Andrew because it is bilingual and they speak Spanish for half of the time. Usually when he doesn't understand something he just blocks it out. This was evident when I came to pick him up and while the teacher was reading a book in Spanish, she had to stop twice to tell Andrew to either scoot back or stop tickling his neighbors. If he wasn't right in the teachers face or bugging neighbors, he was rolling on the floor laughing. All the other children were quietly sitting and listening. My first thought was... "What is wrong with all these other children?? It certainly isn't mine that is the problem, right?" Haha, just kidding. Obviously we need to work on teaching him to hold still for more than a couple minutes. So... when he got home, we had a "mock storytime" lesson. I sat and read a book for Andrew and Ben while Ben preceded to tickle Andrew and roll on the floor. I made Andrew tell Ben the right way to act during storytime at preschool. We will pray it works!
1/6/10
First Day of School
Posted by Megan at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is a very funny story. Andrew looks so grown up in this picture. Hard to believe he can go to preschool.
I can't believe my nephew is old enough to be in preschool!!! Where has the time gone? He is so big.
Post a Comment